|Aquí puede leer este mensaje en español.
Dear MacArthur community,
We had perfect weather for our Walk and Bike to School Day today! Thank you to all the students and families who participated. We completed our MAP testing this week and it was wonderful to see students so focused on showing what they know and using good test-taking strategies. As a reminder, students will have a half day on Wednesday, September 19. Dismissal is at 11:40 a.m. and we will not have lunch in school that day.
We hope you are looking forward to a great weekend with your families. Please read on for some important announcements and reminders below.
Parking lot safety:
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our students by only turning right out of our parking lot from 8:15-8:45. We would also like to extend a reminder that it is illegal to use your cell phone while driving in a school zone. We appreciate your cooperation in putting student safety first!
Student Led Conferences
- Student-led conferences will be on October 4th and 5th. If you did not sign up for conferences at the Information day or Back to School Night, please contact your child’s teacher to set up a time for your conference
- Please call our main office at 847-357-6650 with any questions.
- As a school, we strive to meet the needs of the whole child, including the social-emotional needs of every student. Our teachers know your child by name and by need and we work hard to build relationships and understand all of our learners. To better ensure we support every student, this year we will be using a universal screener to help us ensure we have identified every student who may need additional social-emotional support.
- The universal screener is a series of questions that staff members complete for the students they support. Students do not participate in the screener or receive direct feedback about the results. If your child has elevated risk factors identified through this screener, we would contact you directly to discuss how we can work together to intervene and support your student. This is simply one additional way for our staff to make sure we are helping every student be successful. If you have any questions about the screener, please feel free to contact me.
District 54 Dual/Immersion Parent Night
- Join us on Wednesday, September 26 from 6:00 – 8:00 at the District 54 Professional Learning Center to learn more about the dual and immersion programs at all levels and how you can support your child’s success in two languages. Whether your child is just starting in kindergarten or will head to junior high or high school, sessions are targeted to your specific needs. Click here for the Dual Language/Immersion Parent Night Flyer in English, Spanish and Japanese for more information and to register.
Four years ago, we began implementing a child sexual abuse prevention program in our schools as the result of the passage of Public Act 097-1147, also known as Erin’s Law. This law expanded upon previous legislation and required child sexual abuse prevention education for child beginning in pre-kindergarten and continuing through all grade levels. Our students will be participating in lessons led by our school social worker and psychologist in their classrooms in October. Please contact us at 847-357-6650 with any specific questions.
Run to Read
It is almost time for the School District 54 Run to Read. This fun family event will take place on Sunday, September 23rd. You can register online by going to https://sd54.org/resources/runtoread/ We hope to see you there!
- September 18- Picture Day
- September 18- 6:30 P.M. Girl Scouts informational meeting
- September 19- Staff In-service Day (11:40 A.M. Dismissal)
- September 20- PTA Restaurant Night (Panda Express)
- September 23- Run to Read
- September 28- Muffins with Moms
We hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Sonia Esquivel and Debbie Ancona